Companies are searching for ways to streamline operations. One way to do it is to use Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Nowadays, businesses are increasingly searching for new ways to streamline operations at the lowest cost and drive incremental business and financial value. One way to do it is through ROI-driven Robotics Process Automation (RPA) initiatives to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
With regard to business and financial benefits, businesses can also use process automation to increase the reliability and quality of their business processes and operations, exercise more control over inputs and outputs and meet regulatory and compliance goals.
RPA: SCOPE AND BENEFITS
Automation works best for:
- tasks where a human operator would not add much, if any value
- repetitive, redundant, time-consuming predictable manual processes
- processing of unstructured base data with multiple format options for document preparation
These tasks are typically easily repeatable, low-level, mundane tasks that most employees dislike. The automation of these tasks, deploying lean and optimised processes with improved efficiency, eliminates the need for employee intervention in their execution.
The next-gen robotics offering automates end-user actions to improve efficiency and accuracy of repetitive processes, while enhancing overall productivity.
Ultimately, automating processes leads to less waste, happier staff, higher profit margins, less chance of human error due to bad data input and an improved bottom line.
The reduction in low-value tasks will motivate your employees and improve relationships, allowing them to spend more of their time and energy on high-value activities, such as growing and innovating the business.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Automation at Teleperformance Knowledge Services is much more than technology. We use technology to assist our employees, enabling them to perform their tasks in a quicker, smarter and more accurate manner.
With digital transformation of processes through automation, Teleperformance Knowledge Services deliver:
- Empowered agents: robots work on behalf of the agent or customer, executing tasks such as placing orders or inputting information into different systems;
- Enhanced productivity and accuracy in processes: reduced AHT and increased accuracy, leading to happier customers.
To correctly implement RPA/RDA, it is very important to conduct a prior assessment in order to define: the process to be automated; an automation framework where the bot will be developed; the Bot to be implemented at attended or unattended stations; the agents who will interact with the RPA/RDA; and, finally, the application(s) that the RPA/RDA will run on.
An RPA/RDA project may take from weeks to months to complete, depending on the complexity of the task. Additionally, it may be integrated with OCR or other technologies.
1.0 Assisted Robot (RDA)
- Agent desktop-based automation to augment staff productivity
2.0 Unassisted Robot (RPA)
- End-to-end process automation, with zero manual intervention, for high volume, rule based scenarios
3.0 Autonomous RPA
- Scalable and flexible virtual workforce available on Cloud/Saas (VMs) with dynamic load balancing
- Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies including Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to automate complex , judgement based activities
Robotics process automation goes beyond the mere adoption of technology; it is an enterprise-wide initiative and its success crucially depends the readiness of the organization and people, and as well on effective data management. To respond to the various needs of the organisation, we have developed multiple types of Process Automation.
CASE STUDY 1 – E-RETAILER FOOD DELIVERY
Back office operations managing the monthly uploading of ~3,000 (new or changed) menus on the online platform, long wait-time for menu creation and some error due to manual intervention
Facilitate and reduce time for reuploading menus in different formats (PDF, Image, Word, Excel) and search engine integration to accelerate search time and correlate words with category-specific information
- Robotics & OCR-based solution that enables the auto-reading and uploading of the menu
- Using Google Vision to classify images under pre-defined categories
- Artificial Intelligence enabling information classification for accuracy
- Final validation by the agent
Digitalisation time reduction, task simplification, easy creation of project or restaurant information with a scalable solution for other countries with different languages
AHT from 3 hours
to 40 mins
40% Touchless automated menu upload through intelligent OCR
CASE STUDY 2 – E-RETAILER
Form Email operations assisting customers with queries and issues. The challenges were high average processing time due to 100% human interaction, low accuracy impacting quality scores and 48 hr Turnaround Time
Implementation of RPAs and single screen for advisor with auto-complete functionalities
- RPA to assimilate information from CRM and other applications
- Information displayed to Advisor on a unified screen
- Advisor validation and final submission
- Auto-updating of notes in the CRM and final email release
Efficiency improvement, reduction of response turnaround time and higher quality scores